Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sweet Potato Fries!

I decided to try SPF for the first time today after seeing them at the grocery store. I bought a frozen package and popped them in the oven. The baby loved them! He was shoving them in so fast, he started choking! I hesitated on telling Ashton and Luca they were sweet potatoes in case they shunned them without giving them a chance. They each took one bite and pushed them off their plates. The frozen SPF look like regular frozen fries with tons of seasoning on them so I thought, for sure, the boys would eat them. I was wrong. As for me, I love them. They are right up there with red wine and dark chocolate! Yummy! After having a few I felt they were missing some sort of dip. I thought back to my waitressing days at a steakhouse back home and came up with honey-cinnamon butter. The ingredients are just that....honey, cinnamon, and butter. I melted all 3 together, poured it over hot sweet potato fries and was in heaven! Leave it to me to make a perfectly healthy "snack" unhealthy. Ah well, to each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment