Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring!

I'm so ready for spring! 2011 has not been kind to my poor children. From strep throat to pink eye to stomach bugs my poor boys have had it all. As a matter of fact, Ashton is laying on the couch right now because he woke up at 3am puking. As for the baby, he's right here next to me eating his freshly cubed pear because my poor baby is constipated. Let's hope this pear kicks in fast! And Luca, well he's such a good brother because he's snuggling on the couch with Ashton making sure he's as comfortable as can be.

This weekend was a complete waste.

I decided to make Chicken Parmesan for dinner Friday night because my mother in law had taken the boys out for Pizza. I filleted my chicken breasts then dredged them in flour, egg, and Italian bread crumbs. Then I shallow fried them in EVOO and baked them for an additional 30 minutes in the oven. Along side I made a baby greens salad....baby spinach, arugula, romaine....with fresh cucumbers, red peppers, homemade pickled red onions and a yummy Garlic Italian dressing.

When the boys got home we made a chocolate mousse cake for dessert.

Let's just say I won't be eating Chicken Parmesan for a while....

My husband and I both got food poisoning from the chicken. I was up all night and my poor hubby had to stay home from work the following day. I ended up in the ER because of some embarrassing, unfortunate circumstances and there they did some blood work and confirmed I did indeed have food poisoning. I now have a medicine cabinet stocked with antibiotics, anti-nausea pills, and pain killers. I think I'm good for a while!

2011 has been one crazy roller coaster ride and I sure hope this isn't a taste of what the rest of the year has planned for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment